Monday, April 30, 2012

I tried to post comments on their facebook page to warn people about this company.  They deleted my comments and sent me this message:

    • Angela,

      Our Fan Page is a place for engaging about the content of our videos and media. I see from your history with our Customer Service that there is a record of rancor on your part in threatening litigation and BBB complaints that have come to naught, to not engage in settlement solutions offered, etc. What doesn't appear is exactly why you wanted to cancel and what kind of conversation you entertained originally with our customer service team.

      While your threatening posts here on Facebook will not be allowed to remain, I am writing in case there is material you presented that was not recorded in your file, and whether you have any constructive points elevated to our Operations leader.

      If the complaint is that you don't like contract sales there isn't much I can do to change this. We train our salespeople in ethical practices, but nonetheless some customers do not like contract sales and it is difficult to reach any understanding with such persons. Having a sales force has allowed us to build and sustain a well-loved product where other companies in this small market have come and gone. We enforce contracts because it is the only way to recoup commissions paid for each sale. We try to balance the needs of those who buy our products (and who largely praise us) with the needs of independent men and women who make a living or a summer job out of selling for us.

      It is saddening to ever hear of dissatisfaction and the alleging of unethical behavior. We maintain a strong record with the BBB. For those minority who do not like us, and if you are one of them, I want to validate your right to your opinion, invite you to share constructive feedback if you were not able to do so with our Customer Service, but also to not allow for Fan Forum to be a place for disgruntlement and argument.

      Thanks for listening. Please contact us if you have anything constructive to contribute.

      Bryan Jensen
      Creative and Marketing
      Living Scriptures

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you have had a disagreeable interaction with Living Scriptures. I am researching this company for myself and wish to know why you believe that this response was an unreasonable one in regards to your actions against the company's fan base. It seems that they were willing to budge and they lowered your payment despite the fact that you legally agreed to pay them significantly more than what you ended up paying. I'm not saying that their salesman represented his product perfectly, or even accurately, but how have you taken into account your personal responsibility to know the stipulations of a business agreement like a contract? I'm not trying to sound condescending, but it appears to me that you have thrown all of the blame on the company without acknowledging your own due fault of formally agreeing to pay the company a few thousand dollars. If you don't want to talk about it, that is fine, but I'd like to hear what your response to my questions might look like to learn from your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know about the person here and how she got tricked into signing such a contract but I can tell you how I did. I also want to state before telling my story that I DID take responsibility for my stupidity which cost my family a ton of money. I ran into a living scriptures salesman at a Christmas fair. He told me that if I listened to what he had to offer I would get these free dvds ( The Swan Princess) So I agreed. He showed me the different packages I could get and how he would even give me a discount if I agreed to buy the entire package (which included book of morman, New and Old testament etc . I told him that I was interested but I wouldn't be able to afford the whole set and I asked him if I could just pick what ones I wanted and buy them with out having to buy the whole set. He told me yes absolutely! So he asked me which ones I would like to purchase. I told him that I was only interested in the old testament series. We agreed that I was only to buy the old testament and he started digging out this 4 page contract. So I asked him that if something came up and I was unable to pay for these dvds or decided they wasn't for us could I cancel at anytime. He said yes it is not hard to cancel all you will have to do is call customer service and cancel. So dumbly I never read every page as to what I was signing and thanked the man and continued on with life. After about 3 weeks I received a paper in the mail showing that I had signed a contract that I agreed to buy the entire set which was about 5,000.00 I quickly called customer service and explained to her that I only agreed to pay for the old testament series nothing else. She then went on to tell me that she could take off some of my order but there was nothing more she could do. So then I told her well then I would like to cancel it. and that I never agreed to buy all of that stuff. She then told me that I already missed the cancellation because I only had three days after signing to cancel. I explained to her that I was not told that and that I asked if they could be cancelled at anytime and they told me that I could. She then told me that is not how it works and that I would need to pay and if I chose not to pay they would have to sue me. I then told her that I was sold under false pretenses and she apologized and again offered to take some off of my order. I was never offered a chance to pay a 348.00 charge to cancel everything and instead was told that I could pay the entire debt and get a discount. In the end I ended up paying 2,500.00 for extremely over priced dvds that you can buy on ebay for next to nothing or watch on you tube for free. Lesson learned. But if someone asked me if I think they should go through with buying anything from them I would advise against it.

    ReplyDelete